Jay and I currently live in a funky little house nicknamed “Pee Wee’s Playhouse” in Falls Church, VA, just off Route 29. We have loved living in this quirky 3 bedroom upside-down house with a great location and great landlords. Now that we are moving, it could be yours! The house would be best for a couple like us or perhaps a couple with one or two small children. Just comment on the post or send us an email (servicedrivenus (at) gmail.com) for more details or to take a tour.
- 1 Master Bedroom with 2 closets and 2 small bedrooms (all on the first floor)
- 1 full bath downstairs and a small “toilet room” upstairs
- a large living room/dining room space and adjoining office or study
- a shed with room for multiple bikes or tools
- a screened in back porch as well as a deck
- nice front loading washer and dryer
- an open kitchen with fridge and counter tops hidden from view
- a large side yard and small backyard with room to grow vegetables or do composting
- inside the Beltway
- right near the City of Falls Church but technically in Fairfax County
- can access Rt 29 and Rt 50 from neighborhood streets (which is very helpful if there is any kind of traffic back up).
- on the edge of a nice family neighborhood and local shops and restaurants including Pizzeria Orso, Elevation Burger, Super Chicken (best local Peruvian Chicken!), and Lebanese Butcher
- We were able to keep well fed during the blizzard by walking to local stores and restaurants.
- Free parking (including 2 spots in the driveway)
- Less than a block from a WMATA bus stop with buses to the East Falls Church metro, Ballston, Tysons, and Annandale every 20 minutes
- about 1 mile to the East Falls Church and West Falls Church metros
Here’s how it is described by our landlord in the ad:
3 bedroom house with small, shady yard. 1.33 bathrooms. Suitable for a single, couple or two roommates. Sunny, high-ceiling living/kitchen area, with extra rooms for dining, office, exercise, etc. Contemporary and unique architect-designed style with skylights, central air, off-street parking, wood-burning fireplace, screened porch and balcony. Near metro bus stop, about 1.5 miles from East FallsChurch metro (30-40 minutes on foot). Walk to City of Falls Church restaurants, parks, library. Willing to consider a cat or small dog. $1850 per month (utilities not included), one-year lease minimum,available early February.